Welcome to the New Mexico State University Salary Study Website! Human Resource Services is pleased to announce the completion of the salary study process and the implementation of a new classification structure. On this website, you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions about the NMSU salary study.
About the NMSU Salary Study
NMSU engaged Mercer Corporation in 2008 to assist in conducting Phase I of the staff salary study. The primary objective of this comprehensive study is to establish a competitive classification and compensation program, which includes:
- Phase I (completed spring 2009)
- Data collection and evaluation of benchmarked positions (42% of positions)
- Slotting of remaining positions relative to benchmarked positions (58% of positions)
- Allocation of equity adjustments based on initial results for targeted employee groups
- Phase II (completed fall 2010)
- A new classification and pay structure
- Accurate classification grading based on phase I evaluation
Through a collaborative effort between the college/department and HR Services, effective January 1, 2011 current positions will be converted into a classification within the new structure. This conversion is due to a change from one classification system to another and not the result of a reclassification or promotion. If you believe there has been an error in determining the new classification or if you would like to request a working title for an exempt position, please complete the Request for Reconsideration or Working Title form.
If you have a question not addressed within this website, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
|Salary Study Documents||Available Formats|
|General Notice to Staff 12/14/2010- Completion of Salary Study|
|New Pay Level Ranges|
|Current Salary Scale|
- MSC 3HRS * P.O. Box 30001 * Las Cruces, NM 88003 * Hadley Hall, Room 17
- (575) 646-8000 *